Wednesday, July 10, 2013

DIY Reed Diffuser Cover (Inspired by All You Magazine)

This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and All You, but all my opinions are my own. #lifeforless #pmedia http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO

A couple of weeks ago, I got a chance to check out All You Magazine for the first time. All You is awesome! It's perfect for someone like me, a crafty mom looking for great ideas, recipes, and money saving options. The coupons alone easily make the magazine worth it. I was thrilled to find that Publix started carrying All You Magazine, and hurried over to buy the July copy.


By far my favorite section of the magazine, was a little crafty show down, that is going to be a new monthly feature. Two craft/DIY bloggers went head to head with one challenge. I was thrilled to recognize both bloggers, who were already two of my favorites! (I won't tell you who, you'll just have to find out for yourselves. You can search here to see where All You is available near you.)

The Challenge: Take a tin can, and create a project for $5 or less that takes only 3 steps. Fun!

I decided to use Popsicle sticks to make a reed diffuser cover, but you could also use this cute little container as a lantern, a vase, a flower pot, or a pencil holder.


What you need:

1. A Tin Can
2. Popsicle Sticks
3. Paint and Brushes
4. A Glue Gun
5. Scissors
6. Optional Embellishments



What you do:

Step 1: Cut the bottoms off of your Popsicle sticks so that they are all the exact same height.

Step 2: Paint the Popsicle sticks. I painted half white and half neon pink. I wanted a little bit of the wooden texture and color to show through, so I painted a few very thin coats.


Step 3: Start gluing the sticks to the can with a hot glue gun. Put the glue on the back of the stick, right down along the center.


And you're done!


I can't wait to check out next month's All You Magazine to see the craft blogger challenge! I know that I'll be grabbing it off the shelves when I'm shopping for groceries at Publix next month.

Have you read All You Magazine? What aspect of the magazine would you be most interested in? What would you create for the tin can crafty challenge? 

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors you chose! And I feel like I can almost smell the sweet aroma of the reed diffuser through the screen! Job well done. And with all of the All You posts around blogland of late, that magazine is definitely on my radar. Will have to look out for it during my next Publix run...TODAY!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Popular Posts